15 March 2010

Tootsie






We have been so fortunate 
to see so many loved ones the last couple of months.
This time it was The Great Lakes.
But on a sad note, for Brian lost his dear sweet Father.

Funerals are really about family. 
Which is such a truth in the sweetest sense.
Because it is all we take with us.
And it makes it fitting that is who is there when we leave.

I am so grateful for this.
Because I am so grateful for my family.

Why am I laughing in this last picture?
If you know Michele, you know that processed, waxing, artificial
SUGAR products are, well, NOT preferred.
To keep Brielley Girl subdued, we sat next to the candy bowl.
The bowl of my favorites, Tootsie Rolls.
And if you know Brielley Girl, you know that she absolutely
MUST have both hands full.
So that is what I did, kept both hands full.
At all times.
Notice, the sugar drugged eyes, 
and drool.
I just love being an Auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment