Holland thinks she lives on a cloud
When am I going to break it to her that eventually
there will indeed be a month that cousins aren't here to play?
Uncu Tom and Auntie Hillary and
Elsie Bear and Addy Girl and Cohen Babes
are here visiting.
These pictures all happened in the span of 2 hours.
Yes, one, two.
We hunted for 451 pounds of clam shells, moon snails,
sand dollars, crabs, and star fish,
Played croquet, soccer, baseball,
cleaned those shells, ate dinner and chatted in the kitchen.
Because when Tom is around, time stops
and you somehow pack more than you can imagine in to an average day.
And yesterday, while I went to work,
Holland played Hookie with her Uncle.
They went on a bike ride, to the zoo,
to the wharf to watch the jelly fish and sea lions,
had clam chowder, went for another bike ride and
played at the park, then a little hide and seek, Charlie and Lola,
stories with voices included, and finally lights out!
As I said,
Holland is living on a cloud.
Happy children are a good thing.
And I love all these little cousins around.
Not to mention the fact that they bring their parents.
That is my cloud.
No comments:
Post a Comment