Holland said to me last night,
Mom, I think I am ready to get my ears pierced
because, you know, I am six now.
But tell me again what it feels like and what do they do?
So I explained and told her she would need to clean them and twist them
(and then I did my fast forward to teenager-hood)
And, know that this is the only time you are going to get anything pierced
only one earring in each ear and no where else, ok?
Tonight we went.
The first thing she said after was
That hurt more than I thought it would!
And the second thing she said was
I would never get them pierced again because it hurts too bad!
What a beautiful little face! She is getting so big; I didn't have my ears pierced until I was in my 50s.
ReplyDeleteLove that she got her ears pierced and that she doesn't want to ever do it again. :-) Wanted to make sure she got her gift from me?
ReplyDeleteShe's a smart girl!
ReplyDeletewhat a pretty little girl! You're the best mom, Camillie.
ReplyDelete