I have a First Grader
who also lost her
First Tooth
just in the nick of time
for her First day of First Grade
This was important to her.
She has been equally excited for both.
As we drove down the little streets
the sidewalks were
swarming with kids
and parents
and strollers
and dogs
and bikes
and backpacks
Seriously
swarming
I have never lived somewhere
that the schools
almost
equal the churches
Almost.
I love the fall.
I love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils.
and new school shoes
and sweaty hands from playing on the playground.
I love packing lunches each morning
and knowing that
the sun is setting a little earlier each night
I love that Holland goes to school
with kids that I went to school with's kids
I love that we have our own address
in a neighborhood
swarming
with those schools
and churches
I love that Holland is going to my
college roommate's house after school
to play until I can gather her up
and take her home to make dinner
and do homework together.
I love that I get to be this little girl's mom.
I love that the most of all.
p.s. i was doing really good
not crying
until i saw her name on her desk
good thing the bell rang!
so sweet Camilley. She is one lucky little girl, if you ask me.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! So many firsts on one day! Sending your first off to school the first day always makes me cry--but sending your seventh off to school the first day made me cry, too, so I guess I was just a big cry baby. Anyway, she looks so happy. That's the important thing--that she loves school and feels good about being there. She really is an adorable little girl!
ReplyDeleteSo glad i could be there for at least one of her "firsts" - losing her first tooth and being her "tooth fairy." :) Thanks for the opportunity. Next time I'll squeeze it under the pillow.
ReplyDelete