Holland loves her birthdays
she talks and plans and counts them down
I love her excitement.
I have loved every stage, every year, every moment with this sweet girl.
Truly, I am a lucky mama.
A blessed mama to be this sweet girl's mama.
A Sunday afternoon, about a month before the big day!
Holland presented me with a carefully laid out birthday plan.
'Mom', said she
'I am going to have a Rapunzel birthday. This is what we are going to do:
First, ribbons in the trees (check)
Next, everyone will follow a long Rapunzel hair around the yard (check)
For games, we are doing a ring toss and a pie toss...you know like throw it in someones face (check)
and last, Mom, you are going to love this....a Rapunzel cake with her hair all wrapped around it'
Hmmm. Wasn't sure how to do the cake thing and
she said it would be 'totally ok if hair gets in the frosting'
With the help of 6 sticks of butter, we figured it out.
And the pie toss? Turned into a pie fight.
When I kissed her sweet dreams, after a long bath
(who knew whip cream stuck like that?)
she said with a big sigh....'That was the best birthday ever Mom!
Next year can I have a Jasmine party?'
Let the planning begin!












The cake, the pie fight, the games.....all look amazing! You are soooo creative Camille! Well done for sweet Holland. I'm sure she was on cloud 9!!
ReplyDelete