We had 3 little visitors for the weekend
(because their parents were in Tahiti!)
Somehow I love the craziness of taking care of little kids
(and these were four under 7)
Though they may say I am a bit of a drill sergeant
How else do you feed, bathe, beautify hair and get everyone to church on time?
Because the sun decided to melt the snow Saturday afternoon, we had to get outside and soak it in.
One thing I love to do is to winterize the yard.
Trim the hedges, pull the summer flowers out, cut down the roses and thin the trees.
Because I had 4 little ducklings following me around, I put them to work!
And they worked hard!
They cut off every bloom and created a bed for the birds,
picked the leaves off the branches so they wouldn't fall to the ground
and hunted for berries to mash for 'soup'
After all of that, they deserved a reward so we went to the park
(the sky is always so pretty in the fall)
We played till they were 'freezing'
Sunday we went to visit our Great Autie and Uncle and their pumpkin collection
and their GREAT pumpkin....1400 lbs!
And then we had to say buh buy to the 3 little visitors
and the house was quiet again, and a little less crazy.
I swept the floors and found missing socks and toothbrushes.
Holland and I snuggled with a show and colored some more.
Oh how I am so grateful to have her and that we had our 3 little visitors.
It was a good weekend, again.
Beautiful picture of you and Holland! Loved the pictures, background music and expressions! Four cute kids for sure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet aunt to take on three kids for the weekend! It sounds like you all had such a great time together. You are so innovative in helping them all have fun!
ReplyDeleteI found you again!! You are the greatest aunt---I'm sure the kids just adored you taking care of them, and Holland was probably in heaven. Way to find "chores" for them while you were outside, but it sounds like they thought it was much funner than chores!!
ReplyDelete